Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saving, little by little.

Today - No Spend Day :]

Tomorrow's to-do list :
  • Find the perfect scarf for my sister (under $15.00). - This is the last present I have to get, and I am really going to have to shop around for it.
  • Take a walk - So as to stay on track with my December Goals.
  • Go to the movies with my Loveyy - Now ordinarily I wouldn't waste the money on the movie theater, but this is my Christmas gift to him. I decided he could have it early.
  • Bake half of the cookies.
  • Finish making my Christmas Treat Containers. - I REALLY don't want to be doing this on Christmas eve.

I can not believe Christmas is so close! I am beyond excited! This is my favorite time of year.

We keep adding money daily to our sealed pot. Sometimes its $2.00, and other days its five cents. Next year I am going to put this all towards a small weekend getaway for Auston and I. I am not very good at savings usually, so I really hope that I can stick to this.

Earlier today I was tempted to transfer money out of our savings account, for something that was very unnecessary. I took it out, and quickly put it right back in. I am proud of myself for just saying NO. It's still very much a work in progress with me and saving.

Auston has been very supportive of my goals recently. He was the one to suggest we take a walk tomorrow. I was a little taken aback by the suggestion, the last time we went for a walk it was almost like pulling his teeth. He is also asking for less and less when we go to the store, which makes shopping trips one million times easier!

All in all, it has been a very succesful month so far.

No comments: