Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Some serious positives.

WHAT A DAY! It was so fantastic, and suprising I still feel a little high off all of the energy. Let me start from the begining:

8:00am : Wake up to go to a boring meeting at work - LAME

12:00pm: Auston and I go grocery shopping! We spent a little bit of money that we really didn't have, but I really feel in the end that it was the right choice. Eating dollar menu burgers everynight, and PB&J every day is really begining to wear on my poor tummy. I accomplished my OGB goal there, we picked up a few canned goods for the local food pantry. Even though we didn't have a lot of money with us, I knew that it would be worth it in the end. There is always someone out there a little bit less fortunate than you. I have been keeping that in mind everyday this month as we have given what we can.

2:30: AUSTON AND I MADE PAPER SNOWFLAKES! He told me he had never done it before and I found that astonishing! It was silly and childish, but we both really enjoyed doing it, so I think it was a great idea.



3:45: I arrive at work. I wasn't schedualed to work tonight, but I picked it up for another co worker. Luckily I was put in a really good section, I was busy right off the bat! I stayed that way all night. The best part however, was when I recieved a $100 gift card!!! We have secret shoppers come to our store, to rate us and see how we are doing. One in particular is from the coca-cola company, you have to reccomend a coke product to them, that and try and see the "item of the month" this month it is bottles of sauces and gift cards. Well, as it turns out, today I was shopped and I (being the amazing employee that I am ;] ) recommended both, so Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Mam, I earned myself a $100 american express gift card, JUST LIKE THAT! God was really smiling down on me today. He must know I need it. 

All in all today was one of the greatest in a long time. I have been truly blessed.
Now its about time I curl up with my love, some dinner, a movie, and a Hot cocoa!
(Dont you just love December?)

No comments: