Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Hidden Fee's really upset me.

Today is my Valentines Day!
It is also the day I had to take my cat to the vet.

The new Vet we tried today has left me a little miffed. here's my story:
(And yes, it is totally financially relevant)

Ellie has been loosing a lot of hair recently, so we took her in to get looked at. Everyone in the office was so friendly. I was excited to try this new place. Then we went into one of the back exam rooms. The Dr. did some poking and prodding and told us she thinks that it might be Staph. So She was given a steroid shot. The vet was also going to give her a shot of antibiotics, but I just didn't have the money for it. Here's the part where I started to get upset. After telling her that I couldn't afford it she lets me know of a pharmacy who will fill the antibiotic prescription for FREE. Free? So she was just going to let me pay th $45 and not let me know of the alternative?
Every doctor I have ever seen, be it pet or human, has always let me know of a low cost solution if there was one. I have saved a couple hundred dollars in prescriptions this way. So needless to say I was a bit irratated by that. She informed me that since Ellie was past due on her rabies shot she was going to give her one of those as well, not offering to explain any price to me. At the end of the visit I looked at the bill that the super sweer receptionist gave to me and there were things on there that I had thought were just normal in the initial office visit. You know what I'm talking about, right? All that poking and prodding they do when they are first in the room. I was already paying $35 just to have the doctor look at her, now I had to pay $14 for a "special" poke that she did? Something that had nothing to do with ehr condition.
I was furious. I paid and left, wrote a nice review on google, and will not be returning.
I tell you, if I didn't love that cat so darn much...

Now the rest of my day has to be better, because Loveyy and I are going on our Valentines Day Date.

No comments: